The Nightmare of Rob Skiba’s Last 40 Days of Hell
By Sheila Skiba
Snapshot Illustrations by Jeremiah Skiba
September 3, 2021, was the one-year anniversary of Rob’s admittance to a hospital in Plano, Texas, where he spent his final days fighting for his life.
As I continue to write my soon-to-be-published first-hand account of the 40 days of terror we experienced at the hands of a corrupt medical system you are invited to view the images below and that represent some of the anguish, trauma, and despair of the situation Rob and I experienced at the hands of the medical establishment.
As they say, “to be forewarned is to be forearmed”—and if the truth of our situation can save lives, I will be comforted in knowing there was a larger purpose behind all of this, and that the loss of Rob’s life was not in vain.
According to Texas attorney Jerri Ward . . .
“CMS [the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services] has granted ‘waivers’ of federal law regarding patient rights. Specifically, CMS purports to allow hospitals to violate the rights of patients or their surrogates with regard to medical record access, to have patient visitation, and to be free from seclusion.
She further notes that “rights do not come from the hospital or CMS and cannot be waived, as that is the antithesis of a ‘right.’ The purported waivers are meant to isolate and gain total control over the patient and to deny patient and patient’s decision-maker the ability to exercise informed consent.”
Luke 18:8, “I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?”
How You Can Help
- Sign up to be notified when my book that details Rob’s treatment (and mistreatment) in the hospital is available.
- Purchase a copy of Jeremiah Skiba’s (my son’s) new book, Never Got to Say Goodbye, and please leave a review on Amazon.com. A portion of the proceeds will go toward funding the search for justice for Rob, and you’ll get an inside look at who Rob Skiba truly was as a father and as a man.
- Contribute to help fund the cost of medical expert witnesses.
- Contact me if you can recommend a seasoned medical malpractice attorney licensed in the State of Texas who might be willing to take on this case.
I need an attorney who is passionate, courageous, and willing to stand against medical tyranny.
Snapshots into Our Nightmare
These images . . .
- are unique creations of Jeremiah Skiba,
- are not depictions of real people or events,
- are simply representations of the needless pain and suffering we experienced.
Clicking on any image will bring up an enlarged version in a pop-up window.
In the pop-up window you can:
- Click on the X in the upper right-hand corner of the pop-up window to close the window and return to this page.
- Click on the arrows on the right or left of an image (or an image in the row at the top) to manually scroll through the images.
- In the row of icons at the bottom of the screen (below the images):
- Click on the triangle (play button) icon to auto-scroll through the images.
- Click on the four diagonal arrows (fullscreen) icon to bring up an image full-screen.
- Click on the i (show info) icon to bring up the image name.
- Click on a social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Tumblr) icon to share an image on your social media channels.
- Click on the down arrow (download original image) icon to download an image.